Starting today, we want to revive our tradition of posting something interesting about English every day. So let’s look at the word resuscitation.
The British Heart Foundation released this funny video explaining that you don’t need to give mouth-to-mouth breathing when resuscitating someone. In fact, it is recommended to stick to the compression-only resuscitation. You’ll probably encounter the acronym CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation), which is one of the most commonly performed life-saving emergency procedures.
Both the British Heart Association and the American Heart Association created some videos featuring celebrities explaining that you should not worry about the mouth-to-mouth, just focus on the “Staying Alive” rhythm.
- resuscitation – resuscitace
- CPR – masáž srdce
- compression – stlačování, komprese
- life-saving – život zachraňující
- emergency – nouze, nouzový
- encounter – narazit na, potkat, setkat se s
- mouth-to-mouth – dýchání z úst do úst