Today I had to express a vague concept – literally – and I was looking for some synonyms to the word vague. You might find it useful, too. Provided are Czech translations and examples
vague = vágní, neurčitý
- He saw a vague outline of a building through the fog.
undefined = nedefinovaný
- He had an undefined authority.
indefinable = nedefinovatelný
- She felt attracted to him for his indefinable character.
indistinct = nejasný, nevýrazný
- His indistinct voice didn’t catch much attention.
ineffable = nevýslovný, slovy nevyjádřitelný
- The ineffable essence of being a mother was stronger than she thought.
ambiguous – neurčitý, víceznačný
- Her ambiguous behavior left him guessing what she really thought of him.
More: equivocal, unclear, evasive, inaccurate, inexact, imprecise, loose